Friday 24 May 2013

Raising the Standard - some more paint on day 11




The Red Skull Orcs assembling - shields to follow...
The Yellow Moon Orcs, likewise, though more have shields


Goblin 'Sharpsticks' about to get painted...



Eagle-eyed viewers will see that a few of the Orcs have purple or brown skins. This is because I see no reason to follow Games Workshop's painting conventions; as long as I've had Orcs I've had a few that were purple or other colours. Even going back to when I was about 13 and first starting to collect them, I planned that some of them would be purple; this was of course the time when Orcs were generally painted brownish anyway, and as far as I'm aware, Orcs aren't racially-prejudiced. So there's no reason why 'Red Orcs' (yes indeed) wouldn't be welcomed into the tribe, is what I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment